Wednesday, October 08, 2008

"I Love My Librarian" award is now taking nominations - go to http://www.ilovelibraries.org/lovemylibrarian/home.cfm and nominate your favorite librarian!

From the site:

"Librarians in our nation’s 123,000 libraries make a difference in the lives of millions of Americans every day. Now is your chance to tell us why we should shine the spotlight on a librarian at your public, school, college, community college or university library. Nominate your librarian for the Carnegie Corporation of New York/New York Times I Love My Librarian Award!

Up to ten librarians will be honored. Each will receive $5,000 and be recognized at an awards ceremony hosted by The New York Times at TheTimesCenter in December 2008."

Now THIS is one event that I hope they get Oprah to visit! Deadline for nominations is October 15, so hurry. If you don't nominate that deserving librarian, who will?? Here's your chance!

No comments: